Re: Modifying /etc/apt/sources.list in postinst ; determining the suite in postinst

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:43:43 +0200
Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> * Neil Williams:
>
> > Finally, if this is done in postinst, presumably the changes will
> > have to be removed in postrm or can dpkg be persuaded to do this
> > for me? (Could I ship a sources.list file in the package and move
> > the previous one to sources.dpkg-old?)
>
> There is /etc/apt/sources.list.d.

Yes, I found that after posting the original query. Thanks. It is easy
to implement that in postinst and postrm.

> However, I don't think official
> Debian packages should enable non-official package sources.

Emdebian is an official subproject of Debian - does that make a
difference? None of the scripts in the package are usable without this
repository and the toolchain packages that are available. These aren't
arbitrary packages, they are cross-built versions of official Debian
packages.

What about determining the suite?

--

Neil Williams