Re: recent etch upgrade... sashroot (uid=0) started to impersonate uid=0 (root)

    Steve> Sure, there may have been a behavior change in libc6.

I would like to see some sort of evidence that there *has* been a
behaviour change in libc6, We might all be assuming so, when the
problem lies elsewhere.

e.g. maybe pam_access has changed.

Also, I am not able to reproduce this problem. For me, whoami apears
to read /etc/passwd sequentially from the top and stops at the first
match (according to strace + guessing).

Hmmmm..... on my system nscd didn't work (it wasn't running).... I
wonder....

....could this problem be nscd related?

Does nscd make any attempts to preserve order? I suspect not...
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.debian.net>