Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 05:22:47PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:33:40 +0100, Amaya  <amaya@debian.org> said:
> > Are you familiar with the MIA Team work? How is this work
> > insufficient that this extra check needs to be implemented? Have you
> > tought of a way to integrate the results of your tool into the MIA
> > database?
>
>         I think the difference is that the MIA process is too
>  conservative, and does not require an positive action on the part of
>  maintainers, and starts with the default that all maintainers are
>  active.   Looking at people who vote for a DPL means that the DD's
>  have to take an active role in indicating that they are present.

How about using the 'echelon' data already available through
http://db.debian.org ?

Perhaps it could be extended to record (and display) the last 5 events
rather than a single event.

We used to have 'maintainer pings', sent by bcwhite iirc. Half of the
population hated them, for reasons I never understood.

Hamish