Re: recent etch upgrade... sashroot (uid=0) started to impersonate uid=0 (root)

> The reason why sash does this is different than the reason why people
> usually talk about it on the web, but while the sash use makes a
> moderate amount of sense at first glance, I'm not sure how often it's
> really useful compared to booting single-user or just changing the
> shell of the root account itself and normally using sudo.
Having sashroot might simply the only rescue if somehow libc or libdl
gets broken or moved away (don't ask now why I finally decided to
install sash this way), and you have no local access to the box.

Well, I guess, the only resolution for such case is to ask sash
maintainer to include proper announcement for debconf and to include a
"disclaimer" about possible problems in README.Debian.
I will file a bug report against sash now.

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]