Re: RFC: use readable $(cmd) syntax instead of unreadable `cmd`

On Fre, 09 Feb 2007, Jari Aalto wrote:
> I'm askinf if it is ok to to reopen such bugs based of better QA
> aspects. Possibly by providing patches if the maintainer is busy
> elsewhere to handle such a "minor issue" from his perspective.

I would leave it to the discretion of the developer what notation he
prefers. If he prefers backticks and knows about the problems which
could be present, it is ok for me.

I was using backticks, and thanks to Florent's comments (similar to
yours) I have switched to use $(...), but as I said, this is up to the
discretion of the developer.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
"What was the self-sacrifice?"
"I jettisoned half of a much loved and I think
irreplaceable pair of shoes."
"Why was that self-sacrifice?"
"Because they were mine!" said Ford crossly.
"I think we have different value systems."
"Well mine's better."
"That's according to your... oh never mind."