Re: /foo has been mounted xx times... check forced

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 09:39:24AM +0000, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the feature as in the subject is nice and makes me feel safe, but
> sometimes it hits on the laptop, when booting on batteries, with people
> watching.

There actually is a feature in e2fsck to double the amount of mounts
before an fsck is done if you're running on batteries; so unless you
boot from batteries all the time, this shouldn't happen. See #205177 and
#242136.

You do need a mounted /proc at that time, though, which may be the
reason it's not working for you.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22