Re: Debian in Sanger (Re: update on binary upload restrictions)

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 10:38:46AM +0000, Tim Cutts wrote:

> On 1 Feb 2007, at 1:00 am, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> >(Sorry for the noise, I reply on the list since Sanger's mail server
> >thinks I am a spammer.
>
> Does it?
>
> >I am very interested to hear that Sanger is using Debian on
> >thousands of
> >machines. Do not hesitate to tell us a bit more on
> >debian-med@lists.debian.org. Bioinformatics is part of our effort
> >as we
> >include it in "pre-clinical research", and we would love to see our
> >priorities a bit more user-driven.
>
> Well, we basically use Debian everywhere we can; we have a few
> machines running other Linux variants where support requires it
> (Oracle, mainly).

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/linux/install/xe_on_debian.html

(dunno whether that's what you need, but Oracle does support their
products on Debian these days, if I understand them correctly)

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22