Re: Upgrade Experiences (27 Sarges -> Etch, and counting)

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 05:23:28PM +0100, Maarten Verwijs wrote:
> * Opera. If opera is installed, upgrading from XFree86 to Xorg fails. Xorg
> 	wants to remove a folder that Opera still has a symlink in. No biggy:
>   remove opera prior to upgrading.
>   Luckily for Debian, this is not their problem: it's Opera's.

FWIW, the latest Opera packages have fixed these issues.

> * Autofs and NIS. We still use NIS (yes we do) and NIS starts _after_
>   autofs. This means autofs is not aware of the NIS information.
>   Therefor: no /home/*
>   This is a known bug, that i can work around using rc.local.

AFAIK the new autofs maintainers are working on this together with the RMs.
The simplest fix should be moving autofs from 19autofs to 200autofs or
19zz_autofs or something to that effect.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/