Re: Proposalto introduce compiler options passed from dpkg-buildpackage

Matthias Klose wrote:
> This is a proposal to introduce a common set of compiler options which
> can be set independently from the package, and passed/injected to the
> package build process.  It was first discussed at the last UDS; a
> corresponding wiki page can be found at [1].

A change like that is more or less required for the planned introduction
of security hardening features. Since noone really objected to the change
outlined, I'd be interested in the way forward from here and what timeline
is planned to set the changes into effect.

Cheers,
        Moritz