Re: Making contributing to Debian easier ; "gift" bug tag

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been thinking about ways to make contributing to Debian easier. I
> sometimes run into the situation where someone asks me "I'd like to
> contribute to Debian, what could I do?", and I have problems directing
> him to things where he could actually help.
> So I worked on two things:
> == "Help Debian!" web page ==
> I think that we need a page that gives an overview of how a newcomer
> could help. And a sexy one. Christian Perrier's slides from FOSS.in[0] are
> a very good basis, but we need to work on converting this into something
> suitable for a web page.
> I started writing some stuff on http://wiki.debian.org/HelpDebian/Start
> . Feel free to improve that, or to point me to pages I could use as a
> basis. The plan is to move this to a separate, stable, web page, with
> pics, etc. There's also a few notes on http://wiki.debian.org/HelpDebian .

Well, in Spanish there's a similar initiative, anyone interested can
check http://wiki.debian.org/ComoContribuir that translated is "HowToHelp".

And the tag idea it's very nice.

- --
Jose Luis Rivas. San Cristóbal, Venezuela. PGP: 0xCACAB118
http://ghostbar.ath.cx/{about,acerca} - http://debian.org.ve
`ghostbar' @ irc.debian.org/#debian-ve,#debian-devel-es
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)