Dependency based boot sequencing reaches 2/3 threshold (Was: Please all dependency info into your init.d script)

When measuring the amount of packages in Debian/sid with dependency
information for their init.d scripts today, I was very happy to
discover that more than 2/3 of the packages in Sid now have dependency
information included.  Only one base package is missing it
(libdevmapper1.02.1), and only three more packages included in the
desktop profile (hotkey-setup, anacron and resolvconf).

I've used dependency based init.d sequencing in my sid chroot for more
than half a year now, and it has worked just fine.  To test it
yourself, see the talk I gave at at Debconf, see
<URL:https://penta.debconf.org/~joerg/events/21.en.html> for a recipe.

The status for the dependency based boot sequencing is updated on the
wiki page
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot>.

There is a small bug in the insserv I use to reorder the boot sequence
based on the dependency info.  It does not properly order the
shutdown/halt sequence.  I welcome patches to solve it. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen