Re: priorities

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 11:03:08PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Frankly, I suggest we look at the list of Unix commands as
>  specified by the SUS -- which can also be seen at:
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unix_programs
>         So -- how many of the standard unix commands as defined by that
>  page are not part of the standard section?

I guess one of the the things I wonder every now and then
is whether we really should be keeping standard as implying a
... traditional/historical/whatever Unix system, with pr and lpr and tcsh
and bc and dc and whatever else that people would traditionally expect,
instead of moving them to a task that can be installed only by people
who actually know what they are, and then making sure we provide a real
Unix system in that case. But by the looks of things there's still not
much need for a change there, at least at this point.

Cheers,
aj