Re: priorities

> It also includes, but afaics, probably doesn't need to (anymore):
>
> 	ispell, dictionaries-common, iamerican, ibritish, wamerican
> 	m4, texinfo (???)

texinfo possibly for info and dating from the days of needing to have an
info reader to get real documentation for many of the GNU tools?

> 	mtools (access unmounted msdos filesystems, not NTFS though)

Probably obsolete at this point.

> 	nfs-common, portmap (enables mounting NFS shares)
> 	pidentd (is IDENT still used on today's internet, with all its NAT?)
> 	openbsd-inetd  (needed by pidentd)

identd is still used somewhat, mostly with IRC, but it's almost certainly
optional rather than standard.

> 	tcsh (people who remember what it is know how to install it)

Having a /bin/csh falls into "present on all Unix systems and likely to
provoke WTF reactions if not there."  Also, I'm pretty sure that tcsh is
very comfortably the second-most-used interactive shell, way ahead of
zsh, on Linux systems.

Lots of us old-timers haven't made the leap for our interactive shell
yet.  :)  And it's probably more common among the average user than among
DDs, since DDs are more likely to be interested in playing with the latest
and greatest stuff.

> 	time (???)

Likewise.  time is a standard Unix program.