Is menu orphaned? (Was: Debian Menu transition status)

Hi,

well, waiting more than five weeks for an answer to a question
that at least I would regard as urgent seems to show enough
patience.  The only conclulsion I could draw is that menu is
not really maintained any more.  I'm particularly interested
in this question because if this is the case I see no need
to continue supporting menu in cdd-dev / cdd-common tools.
Instead we would switch to freedesktop.org exclusively which
would be a shame because we would lose several window managers
that do not support this format - but it makes no sense to
support stuff which is not documented and requests for
documentation remain unanswered.

Bill, I just noticed that I forgot to CC you in my previous
mail which might lead to the fact that you missed my question
because you are not reading debian-devel.  While this is
my fault I would suggest you should watch possible responses
of your announcements in the archive.

Kind regards

         Andreas.