Re: About dpkg-shlibdeps checks

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 09:49:10PM +0000, Luk Claes wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >> Except covering kde now. KDE didn't change that much since september.
> >
> > Apparently not any more with the dpkg-shlibdeps that implements the exceptions
> > that I listed in my first mail... (you know it since you tested it for me)
> >
> > I'm willing to take some blame, mind you. But I'm just not willing to
> > fully revert a decision because some grumpy maintainers are not happy that
> > they have some fixing to do (in particular when it looks like they don't
> > really understand the issues at hand).
>
> Nowadays there are better alternatives to uploading to unstable for
> archive wide testing IMHO. Uploading to experimental is a good thing to
> have some initial testing on many architectures, though I would go for a
> rebuild of the whole archive for testing things like this for all
> packages... before uploading to unstable.

  He did a full rebuild, and even posted a list. Though it was for x86
which is a tolerant architecture, and the arch where libtool is the less
broken. And also Raphael had the brilliant idea to upload a code more
strict than the one used for his tests.

  Both things render the rebuild he did moot.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit