Re: About dpkg-shlibdeps checks

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2007-11-23, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> > Well, the d-d-a mail included a list of affected packages. So we had a
> > clue on how many packages are affected. The list has probably evolved
> > since september but not by much.
>
> Except covering kde now. KDE didn't change that much since september.

Apparently not any more with the dpkg-shlibdeps that implements the exceptions
that I listed in my first mail... (you know it since you tested it for me)

I'm willing to take some blame, mind you. But I'm just not willing to
fully revert a decision because some grumpy maintainers are not happy that
they have some fixing to do (in particular when it looks like they don't
really understand the issues at hand).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog