RE: libFOO-BAR naming convention

Hello,

> 	I vaguely recall seeing a recommendation for library packages
> 	for a particular language to follow libFOO-BAR naming convention
> 	in Debian, where FOO is the name of a library, and BAR is an
> 	arbitrary common suffix (thus, liberror-perl, or
> 	libsqlite-ocaml.)
>
> 	Could one point me to where this recommendation is given?

In the perl policy document[0] it states:

"Perl module packages should be named for the primary module provided.
The naming convention for module Foo::Bar is libfoo-bar-perl. Packages
which include multiple modules may additionally include provides for
those modules using the same convention."

HTH

Jeremiah

[0]
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/perl-policy/ch-module_packag