Re: missing content-encoding for .gz files on ries

Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> writes:

> Hi,

> HEAD /bicyclerepair_0.9-4.2.diff.gz HTTP/1.1
> Host: incoming.debian.org

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:46:25 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian)
> Last-Modified: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:32:01 GMT
> ETag: "243c740-f49-43ebeb5c2e640"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes

> Isn't there a Content-Encoding: x-gzip missing that would
> cause the .diff.gz files being displayed properly in a browser?
> Same on security.debian.org.

Yes, you need to get Apache to generate:

I'm guessing that:

    RemoveType .gz
    AddEncoding gzip .gz

in the Apache configuration would probably fix this.  I'm not sure why
this isn't the default, but at least on the systems that I recently
upgraded, I had to do that to get the behavior I wanted.