Re: wxwidgets 2.8 needs help !

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 04:03:56PM +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2007, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > So what about that? 2.8 is around since almost 1 year, and this delay
> > is not justifiable IMHO. There are now tons of developers and
> > maintainers that need to build against 2.8, and I doubt a transition
> > plan from 2.6 has sense due to API and behaviors changes. We have
> > simply to cope with two different versions, as already happens
> > for other libraries.
>  If you're busy-waiting on it, I guess you can propose to take over
>  maintenance starting with wxwidgets2.8?  Looks like a man power issue.

Honestly I think not. Current maintainer is discouraging 2.8 packaging,
plain and simple, as you can see by wxwidgets 2.6 reports. I can also
partially justify him, but to be honest I would understand better
if he would orphan that package instead, as many people do when
they have to cope with brain-fucked upstreams and have neither time
not will of doing that. Delaying and complaining is not a solution
and do not help to achieve a better quality of the product.
If all of us did that, we would have to drop tons of libraries
and programs out there and probably the whole project.

Francesco P. Lovergine