Re: Consistent handling of the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 02:42:03PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> > nocheck | notest should also be supported whether or not the package is
> > actually being cross-built. emdebuild currently passes 'nocheck' as
> > part of the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS for all Emdebian builds.
>
> Imho this should be either nocheck or notest, supporting both is a bit
> pointless. Using notest or nocheck is also pretty useful for debugging
> purposes, if you don't need a lengthy test but want to have a new build
> fast.

I think all the toolchain packages use nocheck - at least binutils,
glibc and gcc do (I filed bugs for a couple of them).

I wanted to get around to introduce nocheck in a couple more packages,
but maybe it's better to just settle on it now and propose it for policy
inclusion for lenny.

Which package is using notest?  Last I looked perl had a non-standard
way (x-no-test or so) and I filed a bug to change that to nocheck as
well.

So let's agree on nocheck?

Michael