Re: Out-of-tree kernel module popularity

Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Vincent Danjean [Wed, Oct 24 2007, 08:55:12PM]:
>>> (free replacement exists)
>> Which one ? vpnc does not handle connection based on certificate.
>
> It does (less or more) when you recompile it with SSL support. We just
> cannot distribute it. This would be a pretty good case for "risky"
> package, IMHO.

  I've just seen that some support for certificates has been introduced in
vpnc as you say :-))))
  However, certificates seem to be only used to authentificate the server
(so that the login is more secure) but they are not (yet ?) used to
authentificate the user (I've a certificate but no login/password at my
workplace).
  So, there is good hope that vpnc will be able to replace cisco-vpnclient,
but this is not yet the case for now.

  Regards,
    Vincent