Re: Default mail-transport-agent

On 11182 March 1977, Marco d'Itri wrote:

>> Thoughts? Flames? Let me have it! :)
> Let's just switch to postfix, exim is way too much complex for most
> applications.

No. if we ever switch away from exim, which we should, (a move the exim
maintainer sure would love :), less bugreports), the only good option is
to use a package that does not listen on any interface by default and
just does local delivery.

Something like nullmailer or ssmtp.

Thats enough for all the user machines, and those who do want a MTA, be
it exim or postfix or sendmail or whatever, know how to install it.

--
bye Joerg
<liw> I'm kinky and perverse, but my illness is laziness