Re: Warnings on shutdown (Debian Etch and Kernel 2.6.22.9)

Jim Paris escreveu:
Tejun Heo wrote:
Ehh... I meant something along the line of...

"Info for Debian VERSION users : if you see this warning there are
several solutions... blah blah".

For Debian, I don't think there are any complete solutions yet.
The related bug is http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=426224

I think that we can fix this if someone can answer this:

$ man halt
"-h flag: This is important for IDE drives, since the kernel doesn’t flush the write cache itself before power-off.."

How can I know if kernel write cache itself? :-)

Regards,
Renato