Re: Enabling and installing of "risky" ("patented") codecs - made easy

Fabian Greffrath wrote:
> Similar effort has been put into the debian-unofficial.org project
> which has been founded by Daniel Baumann in 2005 but has recently lost
> priority (well, it died) because of his involvement in the Debian Live
> project (Well, I guess. Don't get me wrong, I consider Debian Live a
> great project, it's just a pity for d-u.o). Debian packaging can be
> found at http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/restricted/dists/trunk/ and may give
> a good starting point.

It's not actually dead, but in a kryogenic freeze. I'll still do some
packages unofficially, at some later point (but don't count on me right
now as in man-power; if you'd like to host something there, that
shouldn't be a problem though).