Bits from the Security Team

Hi everybody,

Allow me to point out the message at
<http://blog.steve.org.uk/articles/2007/10/19/as-i-move-on-through-the-year>
which is really a Bits from the Security Team.

Why is - once again - a message that I'd consider appropriate for d-d, or
perhaps even d-d-a (though I admit that the real information content is not
extremely high.  But still, it is information that Steve is active and
outlines some of the problems and ways how people can help) hidden on a
blog?  Ok, not that hidden, it's on planet, but still.  Fragmentation of
Debian's communication infrastructure is something that seriously disturbs
me because people being aware what the other people are doing is a big part
of what defines a community.  Next we're supposed to read, in addition to
mailing lists, planet and IRC twitter, have an account on Debian's (yet to
be created) open source xing clone and tune in to our SAT network radio
channel which will be relayed through open source firmware modification in
Iridium satellites, creating screams of anguish from the single but
important developer living at the south pole where Iridium has no coverage.

You get the picture, I'm sure :-)

(Apologies if I'm just too quick and Steve posted his Bits to d-d or d-d-a
but the mail just hasn't reached me or the mail archives yet.)

cheers
-- vbi

[cc:s appreciated, eve though replies may not strictly be necessary]

--
Oh, so you mean that we can both get a more secure system, *and* make
emacs stop working?  A win-win situation! =)