Re: Compiling all packages with debug information?

First of all, I think it's a great idea.

Well, we have the src packages then we only needs other package '-dbg'.
This one only need to change the options and install the libraries
needed, It could make all the work to leave the dbg program ready to
use, and uninstall it only needs to remove the package '-dbg'.

I think that create this package it's not a lot of work for the
mantainer and its size will be the smallest XD.

Sorry for my English, corrections are welcome.

Michal Čihař wrote:
> Hi
> Dne Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:51:12 +0200
> Philipp Marek <philipp@marek.priv.at> napsal(a):
>> I'd assume it's not so much the binary size of the packages, but the number of
>> them ... that's why I asked whether a new branch might be better for them.
>> Like "stable", "testing", "unstable", "experimental" ... "dbginfo". Then
>> normal users wouldn't even see this packages.
> It is the size of packages what matters. In most cases debug symbols
> in -dbg packages much larger than stripped package itself. Just random
> package that I maintain:
> $ apt-cache show libgammu2 libgammu2-dbg | egrep 'Package:|^Size:'
> Package: libgammu2
> Size: 423010
> Package: libgammu2-dbg
> Size: 972178