Re: using testing/stable/unstable names with cdebootstrap

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a reason to not use stable/testing/unstable as the names in
>> config/suites file ?
>>
>> Currently it only has code names like etch/lenny/sid.
>>
>> Ritesh
>
> Does it matter anywhere? You can use testing as suite name on
> invocation and it will see that testing currently is lenny and use
> that.

How will it know the corresponding between the 'hard' code name (ie etch)
and the logical code name (ie stable) ? Do not forget that this is the
*same* package that will be in unstable, then testing, stable and oldstable.
So this cannot be hardcoded in the program.
  Perhaps cdebootstrap can look at somewhere on the net (I do not use
cdebootstrap myself, so I do not know). But this feature (allowing testing, ...)
cannot be solved just by adding aliases directly in the package itself.

  Best regards,
    Vincent