Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 2:09:40 pm Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 01:25:21PM +0000, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Of course, the question is how to determine what's an upstream bug.
> > Perhaps we could still receive reports in our Debian BTS, but provide
> > some automated tools to send them on to popular types of upstream BTSs,
> > and then close the Debian report with a pointer to the upstream
> > location?
>
>   you mean using the forwarded state and bts-link ?

No, that is a lot of manual work.

I mean something like:

$ bug-forward 456789 bacula

and have it Just Work.

As it is, I have to track down accounts for the individual systems, often
copy and paste info from multiple messages, tag the Debian bug, then perhaps
relay info between the two bug tracking systems indefinately.  A huge pain.

-- John