Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 10:10:35PM +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 08:00:22PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > While I realise that it is sometimes difficult to deal with hundreds
> > of old bug reports, there are other ways of dealing with this kind of
> > issue, such as tagging old bugs when they lack submitter input, or at
> > least going through old reports to check whether the information they
> > contain is useful.
>
> > I certainly did not expect this kind of approach from Debian.
> >
> > I would like to recommend
> >
> >     http://www.jwz.org/doc/cadt.html
>
> If you feel more work should be done walking through old bugs, the best
> way is to work with the team in question. Free software is all about
> people scratching their own itches. If you can't find the time to triage
> old bugs, it's kinda hard to convince a volunteer to do it for you.

FWIW, it's what *is* happening. Lior Kaplan is not part of the Mozilla
team, and offered to help for bug triaging, which he is just doing right
now. So yes, as not being very familiar with the packages and the
existing bugs, he may be pinging bugs not worth pinging, but hey, can
you blame him for trying to help ?

Mike