Re: User-Agent strings, privacy and Debian browsers

Sam Leon <sam@datanet.ath.cx> writes:

> My only complaint is that alot of website traffic analyzer programs
> pick up the debian iceweasel browser as "unknown browser" and
> "unknown operating system"

That's a bug in those web sites, of course. They shouldn't even be
trying to sniff User-Agent to determine what document to send, they
should send a standards-compliant document.

I do appreciate, of course, that most sites with this bug also have
the "doesn't respond well to feedback" bug.

--
 \       "The generation of random numbers is too important to be left |
  `\                                 to chance."  -- Robert R. Coveyou |