Re: How to detect if inside a buildd chroot

Sebastian Dröge <slomo@circular-chaos.org> writes:

>> That sounds like "recommends", TBH. The fact that apt used to not
>> install Recommends by default has led to way too stringent
>> relationships; I don't see a problem with packages that are largely
>> unusable without a recommended package as long as they handle the
>> situation gracefully.
>
> Ok, but even if it is recommends, as apt install recommends by default
> won't it be installed in the buildd chroots too?

I'd assume that the buildd maintainers will configure apt in a way that
it doesn't install recommends, but only depends. I don't know if this
has been discussed among the buildd maintainers, does anybody know a
contact adress for them as collective?

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4