Re: Proposal regarding future packaging

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:25:23 +0000 (UTC), Oleg Verych (Gmane) <!gmane?olecom.ENOMSG@flower.upol.cz> said:

> 19-09-2007, Bruce Sass: []
>>>
>>> Too crude?  That's a simple command, easily found in a relevant
>>> manpage.  In true Unix fashion, its output can be easily piped to
>>> other commands.  What's crude about it?
>>
>> It doesn't catch files created by Maintainer scripts?

> This is the design flaw in those scripts (even in whole package
> management).

        I am not sure you have made your case here.

        Currently, using maintainer scripts, it is indeed possible to
 create a configuration file that is referred to by many packages, but
 is owned by none -- so the file survives even though the package that
 created it went away.

        Why is this a design flaw?

        manoj

--