Re: pbuilder and configure

> It's lynx-cur and it has an ability to mail so it is
> necessary to know what MTA is available, I guess.

Guessing does not help here, figure it out by reading the
configure/Makefile or whatever it is using to build, and patch it so it
doesn't rely on an installed MTA. Instead it should assume sane default
values (like talking smtp to port 25, or using /usr/lib/sendmail to
deliver mails, which is at least provided by exim, postfix and - of
course - sendmail). There are a LOT of mtas out there, and you want to
support them all (or at least the most common MTAs which are shipped
with Debian), right?
In fact I can't see any reason why a program should check for the name
of the avaiable MTA at all (except you're building an extension/... for
this MTA).

Cheers,

--
Bernd Zeimetz