Re: Why no Opera?

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:40:33 +0400, Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> said:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 10:49:21AM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>> Michael Banck wrote:
>> >
>> > That shouldn't stop us from having a discussion about it anyway!
>>
>> true. If somebody could convince the opera guys to open their source
>> - that would be a great thing. Opera is a very well working browser
>> and it is a shame, that it is not under an open source license.
>   ^^^^^^^^^^
> [flame on]

> I do not understand why that is "a shame". I think that the real shame
> is too many broken or never finished programs under open source
> licenses.

> [flame off]

        Well, it is a shame that I can't tweak such a good browser just
 a little bit to make it perfect (perhaps just for me).

        It is a shame that people cannot help improve the browser by
 adding little bits of their own

        It is a shame that people can't derive their own browsers off
 the opera engine, like they have off the gecko engine.

        If you believe that freedom in the software arena empowers urs,
 and helps innovation, it is indeed a shame to see software remain
 closed source.

        manoj
--
The days just prior to marriage are like a snappy introduction to a
tedious book.