Re: Why no Opera?

Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> writes:

> I do not understand why [failure to release as free software] is "a
> shame". I think that the real shame is too many broken or never
> finished programs under open source licenses.

Whether a program is broken or never finished seems to me to be
entirely orthogonal to whether the program is released as free
software. That is to say, there is plenty of broken and unfinished
software under *all* types of license, including no license.

Software released under free license terms at least has the beneficial
property that someone *else* can take it up and continue its
development after the copyright holder loses interest.

--
 \        "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code |
  `\     will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." —John |