Re: FTBFS of many packages in sid

On 14/09/07 at 06:49 +0900, Tatsuya Kinoshita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lucas, thanks for mass bug filing for FTBFS in sid.
>
> However, currently, bugs #441870 and #441959 exist which cause
> FTBFS of other packages.  Could you please check again after these
> bugs are closed?

Erm, is #441959 really causing many packages to FTBFS ?

I run rebuilds every 2 or 3 weeks, and I plan to go through all open
FTBFS bugs during the BSP in Dijon at the end of the month, so, once
#441870 is fixed, I don't expect false positives to stay open for a long
time.

My workflow currently lacks tools to get a good overview of the reasons
why packages fail to build, which would make cases where one problem
affects many packages easier to detect. I also plan to work on that in
the near future.

Help is totally welcomed, as usual :-)