Re: directory for icons

Le jeudi 06 septembre 2007 à 20:20 +0200, Adeodato Simó a écrit :
> * Thomas Lange [Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:57:49 +0200]:
>
> > Hi
>
> > my package fai-server will include a command faimond-gui which needs
> > some icons. Were should I put those icons?
>
> > /usr/share/packagename/icons or
> > /usr/share/commandname/icons or
> > /usr/share/icons/packagename
>
> > or a different location? I could not find anything in the policy,
> > developers-reference or FHS concerning this.
>
> I think that if it's a 32x32 .xpm file, the standard location is
> /usr/share/pixmaps. You probably want that.

Standalone PNG icons can also land in this directory. If there are many
icons, you should consider shipping them in /usr/share/$package/icons
instead; either with a freedesktop structure like epiphany does, or
with

> PNG icons get normally shipped somewhere under /usr/share/icons, but it
> seems each desktop has its own policies about exactly where.

All desktops use the same policy for icon themes:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec-latest.html