Re: virtualbox-ose: package hijack?

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 02:49:25PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Sep 2007, Patrick Winnertz wrote:
> > This was no good work which was quicked hacked together.
> I'm sorry, but when I upload a new upstream release of Django, I don't
> check every new file.
> It's all good that you do it, but it's not necessarily a requirement
> and I find it hard to blame daniel for that.

Uh, Daniel included a file that doesn't have a DFSG license in an upload
to main. That's not good enough. Reviewing diffs of upstream changes is
one way to avoid it; it's not the only way, but if you're not going to do
it, you still need to accept the blame for the mistakes you let through.

Patrick's packages got a pretty thorough grilling for copyright issues
by Joerg in the rejections from NEW over the past month, that Daniel's
upload wrecked that work is something to be really quite embarassed about,
not to excuse because it'd take a lot of effort to avoid.

Cheers,
aj