Re: virtualbox-ose: package hijack?

Am Mittwoch, 5. September 2007 14:01:39 schrieb Daniel Baumann:
> Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > NO. There is absolutely no reason to *knowingly* upload a non-free
> > tarball, even named ".dfsg".
>
> For the records: I did *not* knowingly see that one.

Yes. bt a simply "find . -type f | sort > /tmp/new.txt" in the Virtualbox
1.5.0 source
and a "find . -type f | sort > /tmp/old.txt"  in the virtualbox
1.4.0svn4130 source
and then a
diff -u /tmp/old.txt /tmp/new.txt would show you the new files...

This was no good work which was quicked hacked together.

> > "Yay, Upstream understands the problem, lets upload non-free crap to
> > main" does not work.
>
> My point is, that it is, of course, a serious error, but not a critical
> one. It may have not been put well enough in words by me.

That is in my critical. You upload things without checking them intensivly.
I'm not yet a DD, but this 3 commands above costs me 2 minutes to check
which files are new.
The upload after the debconf shows me that you doesn't really check what
you do there.

Greetings
Patrick

--