Re: what happened to social contract?

First, please STOP your habit of replying to the same message 4 or 5
times.  I will do you the courtesy of reading your first reply, but
probably not the rest, I just don't have that kind of time.  Your
multiple replies rarely add any substance anyway.

[icelinux@icelinux.net]
>> I think your problem is that you have confused "our priorities are our
>> users..." with "our priority is everything icelinux believes might help
>> some subset of our users".
>
>  I see, I must have confused "subset of users" with "users".

How dare you.  You are effectively telling me that, because I care
about Debian users, you can tell me what I should do with the time I
devote to Debian, merely because you are a user.  You are telling me
that you know better than I do what I can do to benefit Debian users.
Sorry, it doesn't work that way.  I will spend my time doing what I
think benefits Debian users, which is to fix bugs in existing packages.
Not packaging and maintaining every little new thing you tell me to
care about.

The social contract does not say that the developers are obligated to
pay attention as random users dictate their needs and desires.  If you
want to dictate your needs and desires to me, please reply in private
so we can negotiate a contract.  I won't do it for free, but I might do
it if the price is right.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/