Re: Thoughts about including scsiaddgui

Quoting Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:

If you are going to be the Debian Maintainer for this package, you
should be able to at least understand error reports from the package
which is very difficult if you don't understand the interpreter output
in the case of python.

Consider the following:
I was of the understanding that the purpose of the unstable version was to determine if there were bugs in a package which needed to be corrected before release.

If the software goes into the testing distribution and is found to contain bugs, then it will have no overall negative impact upon the Debian release is those bugs are not fixed as the software will be withheld from the release. If the software does not have any bugs or problems then it will have no overall negative impact as there are no problems. If the software is found to have a non-security related bug after release, according to my understanding Debian only releases security fixes so this will not be addressed.
 If the software does have a security issue then between the security team and
the author of the software this should be able to be addressed.

Please inform me of any errors in the aforementioned conclusions and foreseeable issues which would constitute there actually being a problem with creating a package to go into the unstable distribution for testing.