Re: Why no Opera?

Quoting Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de>:

#include <hallo.h>
* icelinux@icelinux.net [Mon, Aug 27 2007, 03:28:55PM]:
 Correct, I am not a Debian developer. I have considered it several times
but have been put off by the amount of documentation. I have to be able to
jump in and do something or I lose interest.

Doing boring work is usually among the tasks of a serious maintainer. If
you are not able to do that then I doubt you will become one.

Eduard.

Well, I was also being polite. The developer community is not exactly friendly to newcomers in general either. some persons are, but those people tend to have less to say then the ones who are not. You don't give a toddler a steak, you give him something he can swallow. Taking a look at all of the abandoned packages there are a lot of developers needed here. I believe a lot of people like me would assist if they could get a little more direction instead of derisiveness.

__
Albert Einstein