Re: Why no Opera?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 10:45:12PM -0400, icelinux@icelinux.net wrote:
> Quoting Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
>

> >Then you *still* don't understand what "Testing" means in the Debian.
> >
>  Ok, sorry. I did not realize Debian had assigned a new meaning to
> the word testing  ;)
>  So then does it need to spend time in unstable, as it is not
> unstable, or should it go directly into testing?

Debian did not assign a new meaning to the word testing.  It is just
that the moniker testing does not apply to each individual package (if
you read up on the branch meanings, "testing" quality software nearly
always goes to experimental first), but rather the distribution as a
whole.  That is, all software that makes it to into testing should be
stable and release quality and ready for testing with *the rest of the
packages slated for the next release*.

Regards,

-Roberto

--