Re: Why no Opera?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 10:15:48PM -0400, icelinux@icelinux.net wrote:
> Quoting Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au>:
> >
> >Please learn what the 'testing' branch of Debian is for.
> >
> >    <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-ftparchives#s-testing>
> >
>  Let me clarify a little bit. I can understand the need for a
> evaluation before a piece of software such as this goes into Debian.
> Does it really need to go through unstable and testing once it has
> been determined there are no conflict issues. It is already in wide
> use and most certainly has been tested by Opera, how much testing
> could it possibly need by Debian?

Umm, how can the determination that there are no conflicts be made if
the software has not yet made the unstable/testing transition?  The same
exact thing could be said of Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and any of a
number of other packages which received tremendous testing upstream.
None of them have empty pages on bugs.d.o.

Regards,

-Roberto

Regards,

-Roberto