Re: Dependencies on shared libs, news and difference between archs

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 15:08:16 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> Raphael - I'm in the middle of a rewrite of dpkg-cross, including the
> diversion of dpkg-shlibdeps:

> So far, pre1 is largely complete for dpkg-cross and the
> dpkg-buildpackage diversion, barring an unknown number of possible
> corner cases.

I don't think those diversions are a good solution...

> It would be good if we could work together to close #283626
> (which is 2 years and 265 days old!)

I already offered my help on debian-embedded to try to merge dpkg-cross
into dpkg-dev, which would be the proper place for that functionallity,
instead of forking it.

Anyway, as Raphael said, the correct venue for this discussion is
debian-dpkg, feel free to start it there. My offer still holds and
I'm sure others will also be glad to help.

regards,
guillem