Re: Dependencies on shared libs, news and difference between archs

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 03:19:02PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> 5/ Fifth example, it looks like 64 bits ports tend to have differences in common
> like on libneon2.6 where various functions suffixed by "64" disappear on those
> arches (ne_get_range64, ne_set_request_body_fd64, ne_set_request_body_provider64).

This should hopefully be fairly common.  Things with large file support
will have separate versions of APIs that need to take into account
_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE and _FILE_OFFSET_BITS will have separate versions of
affected symbols for platforms where they make a difference.  Platforms
where file size related types are all naturally 64 bit don't need the
extra versions of the symbols.