Re: Debian + pkgsrc

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 09:33:03PM +0200, ciol wrote:
> Hello, can you provide binaries from pkgsrc current built with debian
> stable?

We don't provide pkgsrc; the NetBSD people do. They put quite some time
in making sure it works on most POSIXy environments, so theoretically
using pkgsrc on Debian should work; but don't take my word for it. In
any case, however, while we don't do weird things to make pkgsrc
impossible on Debian, we don't really support it either, and so we don't
provide pkgsrc binaries.

If you really want to use pkgsrc, I suggest you ask the NetBSD people
rather than Debian.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22