Re: Debhelper - docbookxml manpages

On 8/17/07, Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just read your script which is quite interesting. I am working on a
> CDBS class for managing docbook-xml generated manpage and po4a
> translation of it. For now, it works quite well and i have tested it in
> some of my packages. You can have a look at this here:
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/packages/cameleon/trunk/debian/mk/docbook-manpage.mk?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/packages/cameleon/trunk/debian/mk/po4a.mk?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/packages/cameleon/trunk/debian/rules?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
>
> You can also have a look at other package i do with it: camlidl,
> camomile. (same subversion repository, or use debcheckout).
>
> I am maintaining the source of this CDBS class on a private VCS, but i
> am willing to collaborate, if you think there is something that you can
> reuse for po4a files (speaking for me, i think i will try to copy you
> way to guess manpage section ;-).
>
> Regards,
> Sylvain Le Gall
>

> --

I made first a cdbs script (see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=15;filename=docbook-xml-manpage.mk;att=1;bug=433852
), though without po4a support, then I was asked that it should be a
debhelper program instead. After that I got feedback that it shouldn't
build and install in the same script (from irc).

--
/Carl Fürstenberg <azatoth@gmail.com>