Re: [biebl@debian.org: Plans for gs-esp / gs-gpl / gs-afpl in lenny?]

I have worked out the packaging of the current "ghostscript" Ubuntu package with the Debian maintainer of Ghostscript, Masayuki Hatta. We agreed especially on the name "ghostscript" because it is much easier for search functions to find "ghostscript" than to find "gs".

"ghostscript" is obsoleting all old Ghostscript flavors: gs-esp, gs-gpl, gs-afpl, ... as it unifies all their special characteristics: Totally free software, latest and greatest Ghostscript developemnt, CUPS, IJS, and OpenPrinting Vector interfaces, all built-in and UPP drivers.

So for Debian the easiest solution is simply rebuilding this Ubuntu package.

   Till