bonding and bridging

I want to have a server with two Ethernet links in a redundant configuration,
and to bridge it as the primary interface.  So far the below is the only
configuration in /etc/network/interfaces that I can get to work.

It would be cleaner and clearer if I could have a separate bond0 device
specified in the interfaces file, but according to my experiments so far this
seems impossible.

Any advice?

auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet static
  pre-up brctl addbr xenbr0
  post-down brctl delbr xenbr0
  address 10.0.0.123
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  gateway 10.0.0.1
  up modprobe bond0
  up ifconfig bond0 hw ether 00:02:55:E1:36:32
  up ifconfig bond0 up
  up ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1
  up brctl addif xenbr0 bond0
  up brctl stp xenbr0 on
  post-down ifconfig bond0 down
  post-down ifenslave -d bond0 eth0 eth1

PS  Please CC me as I'm a bit behind in reading my list mail.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development